Viewing Options

Friday, December 18, 2009

Living In The Heart

A friend recently gave me a book by Drunvalo Melchizedek, entitled, "Living In The Heart".  I was somewhat familiar with Drunvalo and his work with indigenous tribes around the world, but had not read any of his books.  I came across his work through a website called Spirit of Ma'at that contains some interesting reading and resources and I'd visited the site over the years a few times.  I've read a fair amount over the last few years, but not since "Far Journeys" and "Journey of Souls" have I felt such a profound impact from something I've read in the field of consciousness studies.

There is a meditation in Drunvalo's book that I found to be incredibly useful and enlightening.  In addition to some fascinating stories about indigenous tribes around the world, the book largely focuses on activating the Merkaba, or human light body.  The Merkaba is our vehicle to other states of awareness and ultimately other dimensions. 

                                                  Merkaba (or Merkabah)

It starts with the premise that the heart is the (only) place of creation.  The mind helps with the construction and logistics, but anything we create has to initially come from our hearts.  The mediation starts with what's called The Unity Breath, where you being a process of deep meditative breathing focused on being in unison with your spirit guides.  The meditation then moves to an act of intention whereby you are sending thanks to first Mother Earth... female energy (I've noticed that visual thanks in the form of graphics and pictures work really well for me... flowing in streams).  The second step is to radiate thanks to the Soul Grid, the energetic life grid that all things on and around the earth are connected to.  The third step is to extend thanks then to the Universal Source... male energy.  I've found that picturing visuals spiraling out to and between all three and circulating from there works well and is really easy to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd like to request permission to use your beautiful visual of the merkaba for an event I'm creating on Facebook for a Hearts Workshop here in Malaysia. Please let me know if it's not okay and I will remove it. Thank you in advance. Fiona.

Anonymous said...

Here is the url: https://www.facebook.com/events/515280931859674/